- 1 What to use to draw on mugs?
- 2 How do you transfer a drawing to ceramic?
- 3 Can you sublimate on regular mugs?
- 4 Does heat transfer paper work on mugs?
- 5 How do you customize a mug yourself?
- 6 What type of paper is used for mug printing?
- 7 What kind of paint will stay on ceramic mugs?
- 8 How do you write on a mug without it washing off?
- 9 Can you use Sharpies on ceramic mugs?
What to use to draw on mugs?
Pick a Sharpie. For long-lasting results, choose oil-based Sharpie paint markers. Regular Sharpie ink can come off even after baking. Pick a color to use on your mug. You can stay simple and choose one color, or be more ambitious and use multiple.
How do you transfer a drawing to ceramic?
- Draw your design onto paper.
- Cut out your design to fit the mug, and tape it down design facing down onto a flat surface (that you don’t mind scuffing) to keep it in place.
- Remove the design from the flat surface and tape in place on the mug, design facing forward and the pencil marking against the ceramic.
Can you sublimate on regular mugs?
If the coffee mug is glazed ceramic you should be able to sublimation print without any coating at all. Your sublimation paper should have a guide on time and temperatures.
Does heat transfer paper work on mugs?
Heat transfers can be printed onto mugs, plates, tiles, mouse pads, ceramics, metals, glass and wood. When printing shirts, mouse pads or almost any light color fabric material you would typically print with ink-jet, color copier/laser transfers or plastisol heat transfers.
How do you customize a mug yourself?
- Wipe off your mugs or plates completely, and allow to dry.
- Decorate your mugs with the Sharpie Oil Paint Markers in whatever pattern or design you like. Allow to dry.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake mugs in oven for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy drinking out of mugs and wash as usual.
What type of paper is used for mug printing?
Mug printing requires a specialty paper known as sublimation paper. It has a coating that allows for ink absorption onto the material, such as your mug. It’s also important to use sublimation ink as well as polymer-coated mugs so the design transfers accurately.
What kind of paint will stay on ceramic mugs?
Acrylic paint is also suitable for most ceramic mugs. However, some acrylics are designed specifically for unglazed ceramics. Check the label before purchasing. After you paint your mug and allow it to dry, use a clear sealant to add shine and prevent the acrylic paint from cracking.
How do you write on a mug without it washing off?
Bake your mug to set the paint. Place your mugs on a rimmed baking sheet (makes getting them in and out of the oven easier) and place them in a cold oven. Turn the oven on to 375 degrees and let it come to heat. Once preheated, let the mugs bake for 25 minutes.
Can you use Sharpies on ceramic mugs?
You can use ANY Sharpie paint pen color that will show up on your mug, but some colors will get darker after baking. To clean up your design you can scratch paint off with your nail or a needle. You can also erase with q-tips or cotton balls with rubbing alcohol.