- 1 What do you put in a mug for Christmas?
- 2 What is the best way to decorate a mug?
- 3 Is a mug a good gift?
- 4 How do you wrap a mug for shipping?
- 5 How do you personalize a mug at home?
- 6 How do you make a homemade coffee mug dishwasher safe?
- 7 How do you paint a mug that won’t wash off?
- 8 Do Sharpie mugs wash off?
- 9 What can I put in a mug for a gift?
What do you put in a mug for Christmas?
To get your creative juices flowing, here are 12 great mug gift ideas.
- Give It with Cake. The whole “cake in a mug” thing is all the rage right now.
- Fill It with Pencils.
- Fill It with Tea.
- Give Them to Yourself.
- Make Some Snowman Soup.
- Create a Mug Planter.
- Bouquet of Cinnamon Buns.
- Include a Kit for Crafty Folks.
What is the best way to decorate a mug?
Ways to Decorate Mugs
- Acrylic Paint – if you use a paint make sure that it is suitable for glass and/or ceramic.
- Etching Medium – you’ll need a special medium for this process.
- Mod Podge – they offer a Dishwasher Safe formula that is perfect for top rack washing.
- Nail Polish – marbling with nail polish is very popular.
Is a mug a good gift?
Yes, they are. And what makes the mugs a unique gift to give, that it is always used for having a better mood, whether by drinking coffee, hot chocolate or any other favorite beverages. Drinking the favorite beverage in the nice and decent mug always increases the amusement of having a good favorite drinking time.
How do you wrap a mug for shipping?
Wrap your mug in the packing paper so that it has most of the paper packed around the handle of the mug. Place the wrapped mug into a 4 × 4 gift box. It should be snug. Fold a 12×12 sheet of bubble wrap into quarters and place at the bottom of your shipping box (Shipping boxes should be 6″x6″x6″ minimum).
How do you personalize a mug at home?
- Wipe off your mugs or plates completely, and allow to dry.
- Decorate your mugs with the Sharpie Oil Paint Markers in whatever pattern or design you like. Allow to dry.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake mugs in oven for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy drinking out of mugs and wash as usual.
How do you make a homemade coffee mug dishwasher safe?
This sets the design!
- Place mugs in a cold oven.
- Use a baking sheet covered with tin foil.
- Once mugs are in oven turn on to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Turn off and let cool.
How do you paint a mug that won’t wash off?
- Your mug is your canvas. Wash and dry your mug for the best result!
- Decorate your mugs with the paint markers of your choice.
- Allow drying.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake mugs in the oven for 1 hour to set the paint.
- Now your mugs are ready to use and completely dishwasher safe!
Do Sharpie mugs wash off?
I can tell you from experience that a regular Sharpie, baked or unbaked, will just wash right off the mug. You HAVE TO use an oil-based paint Sharpie. This will help make your design permanent. After you’ve designed the mug in oil-based Sharpie, you’ll need to let the design dry for at least 24 hours.
What can I put in a mug for a gift?
15 Easy Gifts You Can Put In A Mug
- Peppermint Tea Gift. A Pumpkin & A Princess / apumpkinandaprincess.com.
- Mug Planters. The Happy Housie / thehappyhousie.com.
- Snowman Soup. Kerry’s Paper Crafts / kerryspapercrafts.com.
- Cinnamon Bun Bouquet.
- Lunch in a Mug.
- Mug Cakes.
- Hot Chocolate Mix.