What Batting do you use for mug rugs?
Cotton batting is also excellent for Mug Rugs, and provides more heat protection for table surfaces, but may shrink slightly upon washing.
What’s a mug rug?
A coaster seats a cup and nothing more whereas a mug rug usually accommodates a mug and a cake or cookies. A mug rug is a mini quilt varying in size from 4” x 7” to as large as 12” x 8”. As such a quilter can fit more detail onto a mug rug and have more fun creating them.
How do you make a mug rug without binding?
Here is a quick tutorial on how to make mug rugs without binding:
- Look in your stash for orphan blocks. The four-patch above was made with 2-1/2″ squares a while ago.
- Add narrow borders to complement the design.
- Make the ‘quilt sandwich’.
- Stitch the layers together.
- Turn the mug rugs inside out.
- Quilt the mug rug.
What is the standard size of a mug?
The standard size mug capacity in the US is still listed as 8-12 oz. However, one might conclude from coffee culture and Starbucks speak that this range could easily be updated to more like 12-20 oz. Until then, caffeinate often, promote shamelessly, and resist the lure of the trenta.
How do you make a scented mug rug?
How To Make Scented Mug Mats
- Start by matching two 5 inch fabric squares together with the right sides facing each other.
- Sew a 1/4 inch seam around all four sides leaving a one- inch gap on one of the sides.
- Cut the corners and turn right side out.
- Fill them using a funnel about 1/4-1/3 full of the spices.