What does mug shot do?
A mug shot, mugshot, police photograph, or booking photograph, is a photographic portrait taken after one is arrested. The purpose of the mug shot is to allow law enforcement to have a photographic record of the arrested individual to allow for identification by victims and investigators.
What are mug shot sentences?
The MUG Shot sentences are designed to be used at the beginning of each class period as a quick and efficient way to review mechanics, usage, and grammar. Each sentence can be corrected and discussed in 3 to 5 minutes.
Where did the term mug shot come from?
In Paris, a clerk in the Prefecture of Police Office originated the “mug shot” as we usually imagine it — two shots side by side, with one shot being a frontal shot and the other being a profile.
What is mugshot face?
(ˈmʌɡˌʃɒt ) informal. a photograph of a person’s face, esp one resembling a police-file picture.
Why is mug slang for face?
It most likely derives from “mugg,” a Scandinavian word for a drinking vessel. In the 17th and 18th centuries, mugs were often decorated with cartoonishly-drawn human faces. This may have led to the use of “mug” as a synonym for an ugly face.
How do you use mug in a sentence?
Mug sentence example
- He set the coffee mug on the counter.
- Cade was standing in the doorway, coffee mug in hand.
- I had a mug, and little bird and candy.
- No wonder I couldn’t find them in any mug books.
- She refilled the coffee pot and set another mug on the table.
- Xander was waiting at one table, mug of coffee in hand.
How do you spell mug shot?
How Do You Spell MUGSHOT? Correct spelling for the English word “mugshot” is [mˈʌɡʃɒt], [mˈʌɡʃɒt], [m_ˈʌ_ɡ_ʃ_ɒ_t] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Can you smile in a mugshot?
Law enforcement prefers you use a relaxed face as it is the most natural appearance and allows them to identify you easier. Your lawyer would likely advise you that a smiling mugshot can be used against you as evidence of your attitude in response to your accusations.
How do you take a mugshot selfie?
How to get the perfect mugshot
- To look like you have been crying either rub mascara directly under your eye or apply mascara onto your bottom lashes and drip water onto them so it runs down your face.
- Apply lots of blush onto your cheeks and nose to create the effect of being cold.