How do you make a mug rug without binding?
Here is a quick tutorial on how to make mug rugs without binding:
- Look in your stash for orphan blocks. The four-patch above was made with 2-1/2″ squares a while ago.
- Add narrow borders to complement the design.
- Make the ‘quilt sandwich’.
- Stitch the layers together.
- Turn the mug rugs inside out.
- Quilt the mug rug.
How do you use a mug rug?
They can be used to protect your table or furniture against plant pots, serving bowls, condiments and much more. A pretty mug rug added to a dressing table is the perfect place for your perfume bottles or brush and comb set. They can adorn coffee tables, desks and worktables.
What Batting do you use for mug rugs?
Cotton batting is also excellent for Mug Rugs, and provides more heat protection for table surfaces, but may shrink slightly upon washing.
What size do you make a mug rug?
Mug rugs are typically any size between a 4 x 7 and a 12 x 8. They are known for being able to place your mug on with a tasty treat such as a croissant, bagel or cookie.