What is the best way to print on mugs?
Coffee Mug Printing Methods
- Direct Screen Printing. Direct screen printing is a low-budget method that uses screen printing equipment.
- Litho or Transfer Printing. Litho or transfer printing is one of the oldest methods to print pictures on a coffee mug.
- Digital Printing.
- Dye Sublimation Printing.
- Pad Printing.
Can you sublimate on regular mugs?
If the coffee mug is glazed ceramic you should be able to sublimation print without any coating at all. Your sublimation paper should have a guide on time and temperatures.
How do you print photos on iron mugs?
Follow the below step to print photo on mugs.
- Step: 1 Select Mugs.
- Step: 2 Select Picture.
- Step: 3 Print Photo on paper.
- Step: 4 Attach picture on mug surface.
- Step: 5 Heating the mug surface.
- Step: 6 Clean the surface of mug.
- Step: 7 Photo print on mugs: Video Tutorial.
- #1 Find best printing online service.
How do you print on coffee mugs?
If you want to print on a mug yourself, print out your image or text using a sublimation printer, place it on the mug, and then transfer the image using the heat of an iron.
What is needed to print mugs?
To start printing on mugs, you need:
- Sublimation printer. One in A4 format will be more than enough, given the fact that its printing area is relatively small and you will amply cover it with that size.
- Sublimation ink.
- Sublimation paper.
- Heat resistant tape.
- Mug heat press.
Can you sublimate a mug without a mug press?
Do you want to sublimate a coffee mug but don’t have a mug press? Use your oven! See how below. 4- Place your mug in an oven set to 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 14 minutes.
How do you print on transfer paper mugs?
Step by step method
- Preheat your mug as advised in ‘Preparing your mug ‘
- Close the heat press clamp and start the timer.
- Press for 180 seconds.
- When the timer finishes remove the mug from the heat press and place on a cooling rack or heat proof mat.
- Allow to cool before removing the paper transfer wrap.