- 1 What do you put in a mug for Christmas?
- 2 How do you customize a mug yourself?
- 3 Is a mug a good gift?
- 4 What do you stuff a mug with as a gift?
- 5 What can you use to decorate a mug?
- 6 How do you write on a mug without it washing off?
- 7 What kind of paint will stay on ceramic mugs?
- 8 How do you make a homemade coffee mug dishwasher safe?
What do you put in a mug for Christmas?
To get your creative juices flowing, here are 12 great mug gift ideas.
- Give It with Cake. The whole “cake in a mug” thing is all the rage right now.
- Fill It with Pencils.
- Fill It with Tea.
- Give Them to Yourself.
- Make Some Snowman Soup.
- Create a Mug Planter.
- Bouquet of Cinnamon Buns.
- Include a Kit for Crafty Folks.
How do you customize a mug yourself?
- Wipe off your mugs or plates completely, and allow to dry.
- Decorate your mugs with the Sharpie Oil Paint Markers in whatever pattern or design you like. Allow to dry.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake mugs in oven for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy drinking out of mugs and wash as usual.
Is a mug a good gift?
Yes, they are. And what makes the mugs a unique gift to give, that it is always used for having a better mood, whether by drinking coffee, hot chocolate or any other favorite beverages. Drinking the favorite beverage in the nice and decent mug always increases the amusement of having a good favorite drinking time.
What do you stuff a mug with as a gift?
15 Easy Gifts You Can Put In A Mug
- Peppermint Tea Gift. A Pumpkin & A Princess / apumpkinandaprincess.com.
- Mug Planters. The Happy Housie / thehappyhousie.com.
- Snowman Soup. Kerry’s Paper Crafts / kerryspapercrafts.com.
- Cinnamon Bun Bouquet.
- Lunch in a Mug.
- Mug Cakes.
- Hot Chocolate Mix.
What can you use to decorate a mug?
Ways to Decorate Mugs
- Acrylic Paint – if you use a paint make sure that it is suitable for glass and/or ceramic.
- Etching Medium – you’ll need a special medium for this process.
- Mod Podge – they offer a Dishwasher Safe formula that is perfect for top rack washing.
- Nail Polish – marbling with nail polish is very popular.
How do you write on a mug without it washing off?
Bake your mug to set the paint. Place your mugs on a rimmed baking sheet (makes getting them in and out of the oven easier) and place them in a cold oven. Turn the oven on to 375 degrees and let it come to heat. Once preheated, let the mugs bake for 25 minutes.
What kind of paint will stay on ceramic mugs?
Acrylic paint is also suitable for most ceramic mugs. However, some acrylics are designed specifically for unglazed ceramics. Check the label before purchasing. After you paint your mug and allow it to dry, use a clear sealant to add shine and prevent the acrylic paint from cracking.
How do you make a homemade coffee mug dishwasher safe?
This sets the design!
- Place mugs in a cold oven.
- Use a baking sheet covered with tin foil.
- Once mugs are in oven turn on to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Turn off and let cool.