How do I transfer a design onto a mug?
Design Your Own Mug — No Kiln Required
- Step 1: Draw a design on tissue paper. Until you get used to drawing on a slick ceramic surface, it’s best to start out with a basic design.
- Step 2: Turn tissue into transfer paper.
- Step 3: Transfer the design.
- Step 4: Paint over the design with marker.
- Step 5: Let dry.
Can I design my own mug?
Print Your Own Mug Made in the UK No minimum orders. Created with your own photos, designs and even text, you can print your own mug for any household or make an extra special gift. Tea makes everything better, but when you design your own mug, it’ll make your brew experience even more enjoyable.
How do you make a mug drawing?
How to Draw a Mug Step by Step
- At first draw a flat oval. It is the upper edge of our mug.
- Now draw two vertical straight lines as in our example.
- Using a slightly curved line draw out the bottom of the mug.
- Using two curved lines draw out the handle as in our example.
- Let’s make our drawing more realistic.
- 6 Comments.
Can I use regular Sharpie on mug?
You can use ANY Sharpie paint pen color that will show up on your mug, but some colors will get darker after baking. To clean up your design you can scratch paint off with your nail or a needle. You can also erase with q-tips or cotton balls with rubbing alcohol.
Will Sharpie stay on a mug?
I can tell you from experience that a regular Sharpie, baked or unbaked, will just wash right off the mug. You HAVE TO use an oil-based paint Sharpie. This will help make your design permanent. After you’ve designed the mug in oil-based Sharpie, you’ll need to let the design dry for at least 24 hours.
How do you put pictures on a coffee mug?
Coffee Mug Printing Methods
- Direct Screen Printing. Direct screen printing is a low-budget method that uses screen printing equipment.
- Litho or Transfer Printing. Litho or transfer printing is one of the oldest methods to print pictures on a coffee mug.
- Digital Printing.
- Dye Sublimation Printing.
- Pad Printing.