- 1 How do you make glitter mugs?
- 2 How do you stick glitter to ceramic?
- 3 What do you need for glitter cups?
- 4 Can I use Mod Podge on mugs?
- 5 Can you use Mod Podge instead of epoxy?
- 6 Why is my glitter tumbler bumpy?
- 7 Can you epoxy plastic tumblers?
- 8 What is the best glue for glitter?
- 9 Does Hairspray make glitter stick to paper?
- 10 What glue do you use for glitter glasses?
- 11 How do I make my own glitter?
How do you make glitter mugs?
- Wash tumbler.
- Apply tape to top (and bottom – optional).
- Spray paint the tumbler if needed. Let dry.
- Apply a layer of mod podge with long even strokes.
- Dump glitter all over while you are turning the tumbler so the mod podge is all covered.
- Remove tape.
- Let dry fully (over night).
- Time to epoxy.
How do you stick glitter to ceramic?
How to Seal Glitter with Mod Podge
- Before you begin, tap off any excess glitter.
- Apply a coat of decoupage medium to the project with a foam brush.
- Allow to dry.
- Apply a second coat of decoupage medium to the project.
- Wait 24 hours, and your glitter is sealed!
What do you need for glitter cups?
Supplies for Making Glitter Tumblers with Epoxy
- Stainless Steel Tumbler (I used a 20oz)
- Spray Paint.
- Painters Tape.
- Mod Podge.
- Silicone Brushes.
- Fine Glitter.
- Clear Coat Spray.
- Epoxy (Both A and B parts)
Can I use Mod Podge on mugs?
Make sure the surface of the mug is clean and dry. 3. Using a small paint brush, coat each cut-out with a light amount of Mod Podge and stick them to the mug wherever desired. The Mod Podge is clear once dry, so just give the mug some time and enjoy!
Can you use Mod Podge instead of epoxy?
Paper Mod Podge does all that wonders for you. It works as a sealant to your projects, you can gluwork your project with some classic mod podge and then use the Super Gloss over the top. So it gives you a very shiny, clear finish that looks like epoxy.
Why is my glitter tumbler bumpy?
This problem can be caused by anything floating/falling into your resin while it cures, resulting in imperfections in the surface. If you are experiencing imperfections that look more like domed bumps in the resin, skip down to #4.
Can you epoxy plastic tumblers?
It is possible to put epoxy over plastic as long as it is not #5PP. Epoxy will not stick to this specific type of plastic. Plastic was not made to be smothered by a chemical, but it can be done. If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative try using acrylic tumblers.
What is the best glue for glitter?
If you love a little glitter and shine, our picks below will help you find the best glitter product for your project needs.
- Mod Podge Extreme Glitter.
- Darice Glitter Glue.
- AmazonBasics Liquid Washable Glitter Glue.
- Elmer’s Classic Glitter Glue.
- Art Glitter Glue.
Does Hairspray make glitter stick to paper?
Hairspray is a quick and easy fix for keeping glitter on fabric. If you’re working with paper, use an acid-free artist’s sealant. If you want to seal glitter onto a glass surface, a spray-on high-gloss acrylic sealer is a good bet.
What glue do you use for glitter glasses?
Glue: Mod-podge gloss glue works the best for this, however 3 parts of PVA glue mixed with 1 part water also works. There are many varieties of the mod-podge glue, including a dishwasher safe version, so it might be worth doing your research to see which works best for you.
How do I make my own glitter?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Put a couple drops of food coloring in a bowl and mix in the sea salt, creating as many color combinations as desired.
- Spread out the colored salt onto a baking dish and bake at 350 F for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool before using.