- 1 How do you customize a mug yourself?
- 2 What side do you put a decal on a mug?
- 3 Which side of a mug should you put the handle on?
- 4 Where do you put design on a mug?
- 5 Do I need to seal vinyl on a mug?
- 6 Do you need to seal permanent vinyl on tumblers?
- 7 Does HTV stay on mugs?
- 8 What kind of vinyl is used for glass?
How do you customize a mug yourself?
- Wipe off your mugs or plates completely, and allow to dry.
- Decorate your mugs with the Sharpie Oil Paint Markers in whatever pattern or design you like. Allow to dry.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake mugs in oven for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy drinking out of mugs and wash as usual.
What side do you put a decal on a mug?
The general rule is the coffee mug decal should be facing outward while the person is holding the mug in their dominate hand. Not only does this allow the logo to be seen by others while you’re drinking out of the mug, but it places the vinyl decal on the opposite side of where you’ll be placing your mouth.
Which side of a mug should you put the handle on?
That means if the blank mug is sitting on the table in front of you, position it so the handle is on the left to apply the decal. The side now facing you is where you want to put the decal for a right handed person.
Where do you put design on a mug?
The design area on mugs is a single rectangle that wraps around the entire mug covering left, middle and right sides of the mug’s surface. The red crosshairs indicate the center of the mug on the left and right sides.
Do I need to seal vinyl on a mug?
Most people don’t bother to seal their mugs as permanent vinyl usually does well enough on its own, but it’s not really and truly dishwasher safe. Don’t forget to check out my mug gift box tutorial too, for the perfect way to gift your brand new mug! These Cricut mugs are so cute and perfect for any level of crafter!
Do you need to seal permanent vinyl on tumblers?
I do not seal my vinyl on tumblers. Most vinyl manufacturers actually recommend that you don’t apply a sealer over the vinyl. The exception to this would be if you want to go through the process of sealing your tumbler with epoxy. This is usually done with glitter tumblers.
Does HTV stay on mugs?
Turns out HTV works great on ceramic mugs too! I wouldn’t put it through a dishwasher, but it will definitely hold up to a handwashing.
What kind of vinyl is used for glass?
Sticky vinyl: Be sure to use permanent vinyl when adding to glass instead of the removable version. Unless, of course, you are doing something for say a party where you want to remove it later. Permanent vinyl has the best results for lasting as long as possible.